Reporting Accountant CSA104155
Job Industry: Temporary / Interim
Salary: Up to £350 per day
Job Type: Contract
Reference Number: CSA104155
- Our client has a new daily rate position working within their Investment Operations area for a period of 6 months.
* Oversight of various Open Ended Funds.
* To co-ordinate and review financial statements and co-ordinate the signing and distribution of financial reports (including multi language versions) including liaison with auditors, compliance, Trustees/ Depositaries, Boards, Legal, Management Company, Fund Managers and Regulators.
* Assist with technical accounting developments to ensure funds comply with appropriate accounting standards.
* To oversee fund yield (historic / underlying / distribution) calculations from TPA.
* To oversee OCF % / OOC % calculation and review process
* To oversee derivatives accounting allocation and effective yield for open ended funds.
* Managing the relationship with the Outsourced Administrators used by the company.
* Managing the relationship with the various Auditors used by the Funds
* To review and comment on documentation associated with the Open Ended Funds, including Articles of Association, Prospectus, Simplified Prospectus and Schemes of Arrangements.
* To co-ordinate Investment Operations input to Open Ended Board papers as required.
* To supervise the review of fees provided by 3rd party Administrators.
* To review and authorize the payment of invoices for the Open Ended Funds.
* To answer and delegate Open Ended Fund queries as they arise.
* To co-ordinate Investment Operations input in to any re-organization involving the Open Ended Funds, including In-Specie, Amalgamations and Terminations.
* To review, supervise and co-ordinate the distribution calculations received from 3rd party Administrators and obtain fund manager approval for all distributions.
* To provide training to the Financial Reporting Accountants as required
* To assist with ad-hoc queries as they arise.
* To assist with the production of departmental management Information (MI), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and departmental management packs and meetings.
*Professional accountancy qualification (or be working towards a professional accountancy qualification).
*University degree, preferably in a numerical discipline.
*Knowledge or prior experience of the fund management industry / financial services industry.
*Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail.
*Ability to work to deadlines.
*Good communication skills
*Good command of Excel desired