Job Industry: Accounting
Salary: From £35,000
Job Type: Contract
Reference Number: CSA104048
Our client, National Trust for Scotland, currently has an exciting and commercial fixed term vacancy for a Finance Manager to join their Edinburgh team. This opportunity will last for a minimum of 6 months, ideally starting before early December 2018. Wilkinson & Associates are delighted to be supporting the recruitment of this post.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role will focus on the Operations Directorate and provide business partner support to Regional General Managers and their teams including all aspects of month end reporting, budgets, forecasts as well as direction and advice on other financial and non-financial matters. The role also includes providing financial and business support on the development of project applications within the Regions as well as financial variation requests. Another key element of the role is ensuring economic use of resources and that finances are effectively managed and delivered in line with corporate policies, procedures, priorities and standards.
The role will also involve working as a member of the Finance Management Team to ensure the Trust’s corporate plans, both short term budgets and longer term financial strategy, are prepared to an overall standard that underpins their importance, recognising that these are both presented to and approved by the Board of Trustees.
The role will also support the on-going development of finance systems and processes in delivering improvements and in meeting the future needs of the Trust. The role may require leadership, management and development of direct reports.
• Providing advice to the Regional Managers and their teams about the financial consequences of decisions.
• To improve the financial performance of the Region through supporting budget holders.
• To maintain financial discipline.
• Where managing staff is part of the role leading, managing and developing the team to ensure effective and efficient operation.
• To provide induction/training for Regional staff on the use of the finance systems.
• To undertake value for money reviews.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities which are compatible with the overall scope and authority of the role.
• To work with the Finance Management team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of Budgets, Forecasts and monthly management accounts.
• Key member of the Finance team responsible for delivering the finance message across the Trust and communicating back to Regions their monthly financial results as well as overall financial performance of the Trust.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The key skills, knowledge and experience the job holder will need to possess and exercise are:
• Qualified CA, ACCA, or CIMA.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Prior experience of directly supervising staff.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Must be able to display excellent numeracy skills combined with good business acumen.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
• Must be highly proficient in use of IT packages and an advanced user of spreadsheets such as Excel with ability to assimilate and adapt quickly to new packages and other information technologies and systems.
• Must have excellent oral and written skills in communicating the Finance message to both financial and non-financially minded people.
• Ability to travel throughout Scotland; clean driving licence.
For further information on this role and a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Andrea Green or Guy Gracie at Wilkinson & Associates on 0131 225 8030 or email email@example.com
Third party applicants will be sent to Wilkinson & Associates for consideration.
Closing date Friday 9th November