Executive Search Researcher - Graduate
May 09 2019
Seniority Level – Graduate trainee
Employment Type - Permanent and full-time
Job Function – Research/Executive Search
Remuneration – Competitive base salary and uncapped bonus
Will you thrive in a supportive and collegiate environment? Keen to work with and learn from highly experienced people?
If you are self-motivated and understand what excellent customer service is all about, we’re eager to hear from you.
Founded in 2003, Wilkinson & Associates recruit across accountancy, finance analytics and change management disciplines. We’re a boutique-scaled, owner-managed business who specialise in mid-to-senior level appointments. At time of inception, we were the first Scottish based niche recruitment business to focus on our chosen disciplines.
The average tenure here is nearly 9 years – safe to say people want to stay once they’ve joined!
Consistency of approach, continuity and the depth of experience of our team are what sets us apart. We firmly believe as recruiters we are true specialists in our field, as such there is a wealth of knowledge and experience that new starters can benefit from. We’re seeking someone to work with us, not for us.
Due to additional demand in our marketplace, we’re hiring a graduate to undertake a new research based role to complement our existing recruitment expertise.
To provide support to our Director-led business through targeted research activity relating to specific recruitment campaigns, by carrying out market intelligence research and providing administrative and marketing support to the team.
Typical activities include the following:
1. Desk-based research with a focus on gathering initial target data
- Proactive search designed to determine size and location of talent pools and to identifying possible target individuals.
- Creation of “search maps” with contact and current employment details for potential candidates
- Investigate those organisations where equivalent roles exist and where individuals will have the appropriate skill-sets, experience, profile and credibility
- General research to identify key market information (size of talent pool, scale of employers, relevant organisations, recent trends and business intelligence)
- Carry out press and internet research to update team on specific market conditions e.g. trends in the sector, topical skill sets - as directed by the team
- Monitor relevant market-specific job-sites
- Monitor relevant LinkedIn groups and other on-line communities
- Log and monitor job opportunities recruited direct by institutions/companies and competitors
- Make initial contact with prospective candidates and following up with them via email, LinkedIn and telephone
2. Recruitment campaign support – Retained executive search campaigns normally require intensive activity over a relatively short-space of time and the team require support during these periods. Examples of duties include:
- Attend initial briefing meetings to record job specifications, candidate background etc. and creation of associated recruitment materials
- Assist with creation of information packs to be sent to candidates (typically including job specifications, insight and timelines into the application and interview process etc.)
- Assist with production of any advertising material, including microsites (where applicable)
- Creation and maintenance of applicant tracker log
- Assist with the candidate assessment and selection – creating applicant schedules, arranging interviews, assisting with creation of interview reports to be sent to clients
- Assist with organisation of interviews with clients
3. Ad-hoc support for general activities will be required such as:
- Production and issue of news and blog posts on our website
- Maintenance and analysis of CRM software
- Assist with production of other advertising and marketing material
- Assist with candidate events and networking
We’d love to hear from candidates that are educated to degree level, ideally within a research or business based discipline. Naturally those with some recruitment/search/selection experience and any specific knowledge of the Accountancy & Finance sectors will be viewed favourably. However applicants with similar experience and disciplines will be considered.
We’re looking for you to bring first class communication skills, be comfortable in a client / customer-facing role, the ability to create insight from analysis, to provide a customer-focused and tailored approach, high energy levels and excellent organisational and administration skills.
To apply or for more information please contact Ross McQuarrie on firstname.lastname@example.org